Sunday, June 28, 2009

A trip to the Finger Lakes, NY

We took a trip to the Finger Lakes to celebrate Father's Day.


And Mom's 80th Birthday!

Everything grows so well, and there were beautiful flowers everywhere.


By the back door.

I made Mom this strawberry pie.



First we picked the strawberries.


Don't they look good?




Beautiful Keuka Lake. We got to kayak, sail, and buzz around in the motor boat.



We always enjoy being in wine country. There are vineyards everywhere.





Nathan and I did some wine tasting at Rooster Hill.



Sarah and Nathan look great with a lake behind them.




My favorites were Estate Gewurztraminer and Silver Pencil.




What a great week. How lucky we are!





3 comments:

JudyBop said...

Phew - Great week! What a lot of fun. I like your pictures.

Sarah said...

It was a great week, or a great half-week for me. You got a lot of nice people pictures.

JudyBop said...

By the way Dad looks like he's about to eat that whole pie with his spoon!