Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Hei La Moon Restaurant, Boston



To celebrate Katie's birthday we met in Boston for Dim Sum. What a treat for me. I haven't had Dim Sum since I worked for Oracle and spent a lot of time in the Bay area.




Dim Sum is served at Hei La Moon Restaurant, 88 Beach Street, from 8:30am-3:00pm. We ate in a big room downstairs.



Dim sum consists of a variety of dumplings, steamed, or fried dishes similar to hors d'oeuvres, served with tea. The items are usually served in a small steamer basket or on a small plate.


Instead of ordering from a menu, you choose from an assortment of dishes that servers push around on carts. The servers don't speak much, if any English.


We had no idea what we were ordering, but Raf's idea is to say 'yes' to everything that comes by. That worked fine for most of us, but Sarah, being a vegetarian didn't get that much to eat.


Afterward we went to another shop for bubble tea - a tea beverage containing gelatinous tapioca pearls.



Happy Birthday Katie! I'm so glad I could spend the day with you!



2 comments:

Sarah said...

Dimsum was fun. I like how you put the sentence about being a vegetarian by the picture of the hanging ducks and chickens.

Katie said...

I thought the dim sum was fun too! Thanks for coming. The pictures make me hungry. I want to go back. haha See you thursday.

Love, Katie